Sunday, February 22, 2009

What Really Grinds My Gears

So one of my favorite shows is Family Guy, the randomness of the show really makes me laugh. One of my favorite segments is when Peter talks about what "grinds his gears." So I thought that I would like to do my own segment of the sorts. So you know what really grinds my gears, the way people drive in parking lots, especially stores like Wal-Mart. There are two particular types of drivers of parking lots that make me angry. The first are those who think these parking lots are Nascar racing tracks. They speed around the lots like there is some sort of cash prize at the end. To these people the painted white lines mean nothing as they dart through them narrowly missing any car that may be in their path. It is just an accident waiting to happen, and for what really to get into Wal-Mart a few seconds sooner just to wait in line for 30 minutes. The other type of drivers all those that creep very slowly around hoping to find that perfect parking space. They hope that by the grace of God that someone will be pulling out at the optimum time and that they will get the "VIP" parking space. Don't get me wrong I love that close space too, but when people sit behind a car for 10 minutes waiting for them to back out that is a little much--especially when there is a spot three spaces up. It is like those 12 extra feet is too much for them to walk to get a gallon of milk. Sometimes when people wait behind me I want to just sit there and see how long they would wait. So people, please be mindful of the other people in the parking lots and really think if a few extra steps to Wal-Mart will really kill you. And that is what grinds my gears.

Stay you

No comments:

Post a Comment